Hi, it is some times that I don’t write new articles on my blog, this time I would like to report how I solved this problem on my running Eclipse workspace.
First of all I have deleted (as I have read in the past in many other sites ) the .snap files inside the org.eclipse.core.resources folder with a command like:
but for me this has not been sufficient, so trying with every folder inside the .plugins I discovered that I simply need to delete (or rename) the folder org.eclipse.e4.workbench:
rm -rf YOUR_WORKSPACE_FOLDER/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench
Starting again Eclipse this time worked and now I can again use it with all my previous configuration.
I have not googled to know what is the purpose of the data inside the org.eclipse.e4.workbench and also I have to say that of course I have tested only on my Eclipse Juno instance
Have a nice day