Hi there, I would like to inform you that the content of this blog has been moved to a new blog made by me and some other friends and coworkers. All of us share the same passion and the same love about the computer science world. We would like to continue to inform you on how we solved problem we founded during our job. We are also evaluating the idea to share also some code via “google code” about our “utilities” library we have developed during those years (TreeProperties, UILibrary for Switch,Knob , Math library and much more). I hope you will continue to follow me with my friends to http://www.mymemoryleak.com.
I have had some problem on trying to let work the dropbox application under Ubuntu 13.10 after I performed a dist upgrade from 13.04, so after spending some times in searching a method to let it work again I am reporting what I have tryed to do.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2013 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 9,000 times in 2013. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 3 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
They give you a free account of 15GB with an extra space of 5GB if you register through a referral link (like mine here). For each user that will use this link I will receive the same amount of extra storage. So go go go!! and register to Copy and start sharing your referral link to increase your space!!.
Now some facts, first of all the functionalities are quite similar to what Dropbox and other competitor offers, it means that you have one centralized folder where everything you move or copy there, is automatically uploaded to Copy.com cloud´s service and synced among your computers. You can access your files from Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android and iOS devices. Security wise they transfer everything over SSL and they encrypt the data on their servers using a combination of public and private key and AES 256.
The extra feature that you will get by using Copy service are:
– you don’t have to put all of your content inside the main folder (like Dropbox does) and let sync the files/folders in the original position they are by creating a link inside the Copy main folder to the content you want to get in sync (Copy will sync the linked content!!!) .
– Permission at file level and not only folder one. You can set permission (Can view, can edit, etc.) of the items you share via the web interface, this is a missing feature on Dropbox (at least at the moment of writing)
– Fair storage — Instead of counting data in shared folders against all members’ individual storage quotas, so everyone pays for the same data over and over, Copy allows users to “split the bill” and control which files count against their storage capacity. View the 40-second video on the Copy “Fair Storage for All” initiative at http://youtu.be/m36ZMdE-vro.
Important: Step to get 20GB
Be sure to:
1) Register through my referral link.
2) Validate your email address by clicking on the email Copy sends (check your spam folder just in case).
3) Install the client software on your computer/device and log in at least once.
For further detail you could check their site at https://www.copy.com/about/pr
Following the OpenDDS Developer’s Guide – Chapter 11 I ran into an error like this:
CIAO_ROOT was used in the configuration file, but was not defined.
Generating ‘gnuace’ output using default input
Skipping Foo (Foo.mpc), it requires java.
Generation Time: 1s
I have solved following the suggestion from a post on sourceforge tracker that I report here just for an easy access on that info. (Personally I have user -features java=1 as parameter of the mwc.pl script)
Welcome to OpenDDS!
In $DDS_ROOT/java/INSTALL, in Step 4 (Configure TAO), there are
instructions for enabling Java support by setting java=1 in the appropriate
file(s) (depending upon your platform) or passing -features java=1 on the
mwc.pl command line when you build ACE+TAO. The recommended approach is to
set java=1 in $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features so
it is always set whenever you run mwc.pl.
You can also enable Java support for OpenDDS when you install ACE+TAO with
the $DDS_ROOT/configure script with ./configure –java from $DDS_ROOT. See
$DDS_ROOT/INSTALL for more information on using the configure script and
run ./configure –help to see all the options.
(Note: If you are on Windows using Visual Studio, the command to run the
configure script is just configure from a Visual Studio command prompt.)
Hi, it is some times that I don’t write new articles on my blog, this time I would like to report how I solved this problem on my running Eclipse workspace.
First of all I have deleted (as I have read in the past in many other sites ) the .snap files inside the org.eclipse.core.resources folder with a command like:
but for me this has not been sufficient, so trying with every folder inside the .plugins I discovered that I simply need to delete (or rename) the folder org.eclipse.e4.workbench:
rm -rf YOUR_WORKSPACE_FOLDER/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench
Starting again Eclipse this time worked and now I can again use it with all my previous configuration.
I have not googled to know what is the purpose of the data inside the org.eclipse.e4.workbench and also I have to say that of course I have tested only on my Eclipse Juno instance
Have a nice day
First of all you need to create a new file on the root of the project with the list of file to ignore like the following (this is a typical list of file that we need to exclude from an Eclipse project)
target target/** bin bin/** .classpath .project .settings
and after on the console (shell) you have to run the following command assuming that you have called the previous file ignore.txt
svn propset svn:ignore -RF ignore.txt .
(Please note the “.” at the end of the command). The -R is the recursive option
Now you can run eclipse and access to the SVN View and commit all the local changes
This is very usefull if you have alread a large project that you want to import on Eclipse and do you want to avoid to ignore every file manually by means of eclipse
- Git vs. SVN – Commandline Syntax Reference (javacodegeeks.com)
- How to … Make Subversion ignore files and folders (magp.ie)
- Killawat: Subversion Tip of the Week – Recovering Deleted Items (blogs.wandisco.com)